Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Not meant to be

The appointment didn't bring the good news I was hoping. The baby measured at 9 weeks. As I should have been 11 weeks, I knew the situation right then. He searched for heartbeat. There wasn't one to be found. I lost the baby. I go in for the D&C tomorrow. I am off from work for the remainder of the week.

Currently I am surrounded by family. Sweetie, Mom, MIL, and SIL are here to support me. I am beyond words.

Dr said we can start trying again after my next period. I don't think we will be ready by then but it was good to hear. He also said due to it being this late and how it is happening that it was a genetic issue and not meant to be. It is easy to say that, but it still hurts.

I am off to find a stiff drink. I think it is ok to be hung over for the D&C, right? I guess I have to start exercising and eating right.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Oh sweetie I am so so sorry! I went through the SAME thing! I was 14 weeks pregnant but my baby died at 10 weeks. I had the D&C and everything went okay. Mentally I was a wreck though. Sending you lots of support. If you want to talk...I am ALWAYS here!!!

sabyan2060 said...

I am thinking of you and Terry. I am so sorry for your loss and everyone at work sends there love and thoughts to you.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I am thinking of you and your family.

If you need anything please let me know.

Crista said...

You know you are very much in my thoughts today. Constantly, really. Sending you so much love and many many hugs...please let me know if I can do anything at all.

Unknown said...

(((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

You are in my thoughts! Let us know if you need anything!

Kami said...

I'm so sorry.