Friday, August 27, 2004

9 Weeks

After receiving the acceptance letter from the TSBPA you must submit an eligibility application. Once this is approved you then register your payment coupon with paying for the exam. After this is verified the next step is to schedule a testing location and time. These steps must be followed for each section of the CPA.

It is official. I completed the last step and am testing on October 29th from 8:30-12. I got the time that I wanted. Now I have 9 weeks to prepare. While this is not long, I am prepared to do what I need to in order to pass. During this time I have two classes to keep up with as well as the beginning of my second review. Things are going to be very busy between now and Thanksgiving. But worth it.

I discovered last night that the best approach, for me, is not reading a chapter and doing the problems. I am behind on my review because of this approach. If I have to read, it is too passive for me and I will fall asleep. However, if I start with working the problems and read the sections that I missed - I am more likely to learn from my actions. This is how I will work the sections. I also have the Wiley CPA review books to aid in my studying. My goal is to pass - I can reach my goal.

No comments: