Thursday, August 12, 2004

Tulsa Anyone?

First of all let me start by saying - No official offer has been made, we are not considering it, we do not wish to move right now.

So I go home yesterday to find an e-mail from the PWC partner that I met with in July. He recently moved to the Tulsa office and he e-mailed me asking if I would consider moving to Tulsa to work in his office. WOW. This is huge. Now I am not exactly packing my bags, but I am so honored. I told him to tell me his thoughts and that I would need incentive to move. I am not about to tell a partner "Hell No". I shall play the game. I posted awhile back about being an adult. Well I am officially an adult. I admit it. Not only that, I am an adult with a career. I am not simply a college student who works full time. I had a partner of a big 4 ask me to change states for an entry level position (because I have never audited before). This is huge. I am sure one of the reasons is that I impressed him, obviously, but also the Austin office may not be hiring right now.

My Sweetie has this theory
"you know, I was thinking about why Martin wants you in -his- office (aside from the usual "no space in Austin") - your interview impressed him because you made him discuss something he was passionate about. He is dedicated to that subject and by initiating a discussion about it, he knows you are of the same mind set."

I think he might be right. I will keep everyone updated on the dance.

Is this a waltz or a tango?

No comments: