Wednesday, August 04, 2004

My Sweetie's B-day

Today my Sweetie turns 29. To celebrate I got him the new 40g ipod - new look and change in buttons and such. Thank goodness for student discounts. I could not wait to give it to him - bad habit of mine - so I woke him up last night when I got in from school and gave it to him. The apple store bags are cool enough that wrapping was not needed. Every year on his b-day for as long as we have lived together (7 years now) I awake my sweetie with a special breakfast. For some reason the tradition became turnovers. This year it was apple turnovers. Such a lucky guy :-)

Tonight we are celebrating just the two of us with family on Friday and friends on Saturday. I have a big presentation tomorrow for my Accounting course so tonight he will be lucky enough to hear my portion 7 times. Was told in a communications class that to be prepared for a presentation a person must practice 7 times.

Because of school I have not really started the CPA studying. The assignment for this week is two chapters. I plan to do this on Saturday and Sunday. However, I am reading the practical advice section and learning a lot on how the test is scored. For example, I did not know that missing a multiple choice type question does not reduce your score. Getting the correct answer simply raises it. For this reason they say to answer all questions, even if you have to guess.

Did I mention that I cannot wait until the semester ends?

No comments: