Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Diva Core

I am on vacation this week. It has been wonderful. Sleeping in and having lunch with some of my favorite people. One thing that this time off has helped me to appreciate is the people in my life.

This past weekend I went camping with two of my friends. I have never had tons of good friends. And while the ones I have had have always meant the world to me, I have had my share of friends that were untrue, unfaithful, or mentally abusive. It was from the ending of one of these awful relationships that I realized that one of my newer friends were different from the others. I was drawn to her and somehow knew she could change my life. That she did. She told me repeatedly how important I am and how I can do anything. She is a true friend. She introduced me to three other women, two that I went camping with. All together there are five of us - the divas. Each of us is very different. One thing we have in common is that we have a center. The friend who brought me to these beautiful and strong women, brought us all together. She is our common ground. While she would never claim this victory - it is hers for the taking.

The camping trip was wonderful. It gave me a chance to interact with these women on my own, and I think I did well. This trip removed all doubt regarding them only hanging with me because of our core.

An interesting thing with me lately is the rise in my self esteem. I have not started my exercising or watching my food intact - but I am feeling more confident. I think this has to do with my friends, my work, and how close I am to graduating with my MBA. But the biggest thing, in my opinion, is that in 10 weeks I am testing for my first portion of the CPA. This is not a set path - this is something I am doing on my own, outside of work or school. And I will succeed. It helps that my family and friends are so supportive.

No comments: