Saturday, August 28, 2004

We Survived

Last night my Sweetie and I babysat for my friend the Dark Diva. She has two girls, One 2.5 years and one 10 months. We were awesome. Not only did the girls survive the night with even going to bed fairly close to their normal time, the parents came home to dishes clean and all toys picked up. We really enjoyed ourselves. The best thing is that I did not have to say "OK you do this while I do that", we were a team all the way. While watching two girls for a few hours on one night does not compare to parenthood. Any and all doubts I ever had in my Sweetie's ability to be a good father are completely gone. We watch my niece on a regular basis and have since she was a little younger than the older one last night, it is different with two. It is also different with nonrelated children. But they were very good. The evening was nice and relaxing. Did not get to bed until 3:30 so I missed my weight watcher meeting this morning. But that is ok. It was worth it for my friend to have a date night. Another amazing part of the night was that we are the first outside of the grandparents to watch these wonderful girls. I am honored. Whenever the husband would start to give an instruction, which I did not mind, the Dark Diva would say "Oh Missy knows". Guess I have this mommy like energy. Now I have to complete the CPA and my MBA before I can start day dreaming too much.

No comments: