Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Baseball and School

This week has been very busy so far, and things are not going to let up anytime soon.

Monday was a lazy day. Isn't that the best kind? My Sweetie and I walked and it felt good after three days off.

Tuesday we went to a RoundRock Express BaseBall game with my Mom and her Company. Since she doesn't have a spouse or children at home, her company lets her bring us along for family events. We had such fun, although it was really hot. At 10:30 at night it was still 86 degrees. Bug got cranky so I had the opportunity to walk around the stadium. They have a pool, play area, and picnic area. I was quite impressed. Yes, although the team was established in 2000, this was our first trip. I had so many people come up and compliment my bug. That always makes me happy. After the game I was waiting on Mom and Sweetie, Bug was cranky so I was pacing with her, and a couple of women were asking her age and such and saying how cute she is. My Sweetie walked up and said "I'll give you a buck for her!", smiled, and kissed me. He loves when people like our little family.

Today Mom took off from work to spend the day with us. We went to Starbucks, I love a non-fat chai. Then we went to my Bug's school. I needed to spend some time there before leaving her. The director was happy to see us and told us to spend as much time as we wanted. Bug liked the school and was very curious about the babies. She got a little fussy at one point so I sat down with her in front of some babies. This was her first time to be this close to other babies. She was very curious. The youngest in her class is 6 months. She is going to have to adjust quickly. Survival of the fittest. I really think it is going to be good for her.

After school we enjoyed a trip to BabiesRus where we purchased her first Halloween outfit and then a trek to the mall for a good wanderings and a sketch book for my Sweetie. My Sweetie puts everything in his sketch book and is about to complete his current one. We finished our outing at Manny Hattan's. While we were there Bug was so happy, cooing and smiling so much. My Sweetie smiled at her and said "looking at you makes me believe world peace is possible".

I must say that I love my BestFriend. She is the greatest. We spent the evening with her and her husband. We had the best time. I am so glad that they are in our life.

This week has been busy and things are not going to let up. Friday is family night, Saturday afternoon two friends are coming by to meet Serif, Saturday night we are going to another friend's, and Sunday we are getting together for MotoDiva and DarkDiva. So busy. What a way to finish my last weekend of freedom.

No comments: