Thursday, August 11, 2005

The monkey ate the what?



Picture of the day: This is me the day my JuneBug arrived. Look at that belly.

No the title has no meaning. Titles are hard to generate.

I have gotten a bit spoiled the last few weeks. Having my Sweetie around 24/7 has been wonderful. I love waking up with him in the morning while taking care of JuneBug, having him fix me lunch, and being able to spend time with him throughout the day. It has been wonderful. I am looking forward to going back to work and starting back on my CPA review, but I will miss the lazy mornings and such.

Today we went to Suncoast and splurged on a movie we have been wanting for a long time. Kiki's Delivery Service. It is another Hayao Miyazaki movie. JuneBug was a little fussy so I held her through the mall and assured her that I would wake her if something interesting happened. I don't think she believed me. However, she did fall asleep.

Tonight we went to BestFriends. BestFriend's husband just finished a hard semester and we needed to celebrate. I was so awesome. We took food to save money vs. a restaurant. I only had 4 points left for the day. So I bought a lean cuisine and a bunch of veggies to steam. It was perfect, and I was stuffed. Yay to 5 days perfect on the plan. While I am not expecting perfection, I am happy for a good first week of actually following the program. Since I no longer have breastfeeding to help my weight loss, I must do it on my own. My Sweetie is so wonderful and telling me how awesome I am and how great I look. It does wonders for a girl's self esteem.

So I have to be an adult. I do, right? Ahhhhh come on, do I have to? OK fine. So, regarding the Motive half marathon I am thinking that I am most likely not going to participate this year. The main reason is my CPA review. I HAVE to test and pass one section before the end of the year. While this is not unheard of, I have a wonderful family that I want/need/long to spend time with. I plan on Studying 4 hours on the weekend, more if I want to sit for two sections. The training for a half marathon can be up to three hours during the LSD (long slow distance) walks. This is more time than I want to be away from my Sweetie and JuneBug. However, my Sweetie said if I want to do it, that he wants to do it with me. This eliminates part of the issue. We agreed to begin like we are training (low mileage in the beginning), see how we do, and decide closer to the race. The only issue is that the price raises the closer you get.

School starts around here next week. My niece is entering the 3rd grade. I can't believe she is getting so big. This is bittersweet for me. I am happy that I finished my MBA, but sad that I don't have school supplies to purchase. Luckily I have my CPA study to keep my brain ticking. Otherwise I might just be going crazy. And after all, I do need study supplies.....

I know it is TMI, but the addition of a new baby has not decreased our sex life but rather increased it. I know no one actually cares, but it is has been amazing since we got our clearance at 2 weeks. I know my self-esteem is one of the biggest causes. But a girl can't complain *enter amazingly happy and satisfied face here*.

No comments: