Tuesday, August 09, 2005

It is calling to me!

I can't help it. It is in my blood. I feel the need to train, sweat, overcome injuries and seek success. I was never in sports. Walking is my sport. I am not the best at it, I am slow - but I finish what I start.

Last night I went to the Motive Bison Stampede website. It is Nov 20th. This year they are giving away medals. Oh I want that medal. Of course I have to remember those F&*^%*&G hills, lol. But I need a marathon this year. I did Motive in 2003, Motorola in 2004, and now I can have Motive in 2005. Plus I would love to see the weight loss with the training. My thyroid was broken when I trained before. And DarkDiva sent out the costumes for Carnaval. I have great motivation now as the costume is rather skimpy.

I have 15 weeks to train, totally doable. I would not have the best time, but I could complete it in the 4 hours needed. But I still worry about training and studying at the same time.

My Sweetie is so very supportive. He told me that if I decide to train for the Stampede, he is going to train and complete it with me. Isn't he the greatest?

This marathon is located only a couple of miles from my home, as well all proceeds from the event go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma society - one of my favorite charities.

Speaking of charities, we packed JuneBug up and took her to the Cystic Fibrosis office today. My Sweetie needed to speak with the director, and friend, about design work he does for them. The director needed to meet JuneBug. He even said we are welcome back anytime as long as we bring her. He could not say enough about her, simply amazed by her beauty. I did not complain. Anyone can oogle my baby :-)

Now I must set in a plan of attack if I want to sit for the first part of the CPA as well as walk a half marathon. Let me introduce you to the Anal Missy.

No comments: