Monday, August 01, 2005

Feeling Great

I am feeling great. I have been for days now. Saturday we packed up JuneBug and headed to MotoDiva to help her make a movie. This is for her to practice since she will be applying for the MFA program in film at UT. For the movie (I actually have a speaking part, scary) we needed three changes of clothing. She wanted business like clothing. I worried about this. While I know I weigh less I do not feel like I am smaller. Don't get me wrong, the lower the number on the scale has made me feel great. I have a favorite pair of black slacks. I tried them on 2 weeks after my JuneBug's arrival and they did not fit. I did not let this get to me. While I was deciding what to wear for the movie I knew I needed these pants. I figured I could wear a long shirt over to cover the too tight hips and belly.

I tried them on..... and they fit. I was happy. Then I remembered that they were too tight when I got pregnant. This made me feel great. I have been wearing more fitted t-shirts and such. One I bought before my 2003 b-day. I never wore it because I did not think that it fit correctly. I wore it on Friday. I knew I was a little smaller, but I thought it also went with my growing self confidence. After trying on the pants, I knew something else was going on, and it was good.

This morning I decided to measure myself. I have not done this since I was pregnant and wanted to see how my body was changing. The results were WONDERFUl. I am 21 pounds lighter, 1.5" smaller around my waist, 2" smaller around my hips, 1" smaller around each upper arm, 1" smaller below my breasts, 1" smaller around each thigh, and 1" smaller around each calf. Overall, I am a complete size smaller than when I got pregnant. This is fantastic. I feel wonderful. My high school reunion is still not planned. However, if I found out it was going to be tomorrow, I would go very proud.

I tell you, DarkDiva is correct, the best weight loss tool is being madly in love. I can't wait to see the changes in August when I actually start watching what I eat and make sure to exercise more.

2 comments:

Summer Girl said...

I'm jealous! I seem to be at a standstill- and most of my clothes (without elastic) from my pre-prego days don't fit! Great job!

Tracy said...

Wow you are doing great on losing weight I have not even thought about it yet. Well I have thought about it but that is as far as I have gotten. I have trouble finding clothes to wear to work I try on 3 oufits before I find one that fits and that looks good. Congrats on looking so great. I better join you guys on getting it together and loose some of this weight.