Sunday, August 14, 2005

Dancing, Freak, CPA, and Upcoming events

Last night DarkDiva had a late night pool party. We all dressed up, DarkDiva in a black corset, ballroom shirt, and opera gloves. I wore something much more comfortable and less glamorous, a nice sweater and skirt. We brought along some friends from Elgin and had a great time. My Sweetie had the best time swimming with Lilly and MotoDiva. Bug was so good throughout the party, she is so wonderful. The best part of the evening was after the belly dancing show started. It was very humid. Those of us who chose not to swim were very hot. At the shallow end of the pool there were about five or six water fountains that shot up from the ground for the kids to run through. I took my bug over to this area and we danced around the projectile water. It was refreshing simply being close. I would stick Bug’s feet into the water. She did not seem upset by this. We danced for a couple more songs and continued having a wonderful time. By this time, I was having so much fun and wanted to see how she would react totally wet. I held her tight and we ran under the water. OK, strike this up as another reason she questions my ability to keep her alive, LOL. She blinked a couple of times, looked around in an attempt to figure out why there was water on her face, and started to cry by sticking her lower lip out first. I hurried over and got her a towel, while giggling, of course. All was better as quickly as it went bad. It was a wonderful mommy moment, dancing in the water. My Mom took pictures of us, I hope they turn out, yes on regular film.

And something else funny happened. I was very “mommy” looking last night. I had the sensible shoes, summer sweater, and knee length black skirt. I was in DarkDiva’s bathroom while she was finishing getting ready, while at the same time urging Elgin friend to wear this very revealing dress. DarkDiva had a friend in from Dallas who I had never met and she was also in the bathroom with us. You know how girls are, LOL. Well, I started talking about Carnaval. This Dallas friend was SHOCKED. She turns to DarkDiva and says “Is she crazy when she isn’t a new mom”. DarkDiva smiled and said, “No, she is a freak all the time”. DarkDiva let out a little giggle. Last year this upcoming weekend was our camping trip. This was when DarkDiva and MotoDiva first found out that I am not as vanilla as I appear. I must admit, I truly enjoy the faces of shock when people find this out and I remember their faces that Saturday evening. Elgin friend also laughed and had to agree and brought up the New Year’s party going into 2002. That was quite a party. There was much alcohol consumed. And there is even a picture of me drinking a blow-job, you know the drink where you have your hands behind your back and you bend down to the drink, pick it up with your mouth, and throw your head back to drink it. Yes, I will have some ‘splaining to do when my JuneBug finds that picture, LOL.

I am feeling pretty good today. I am feeling confident for the reunion. My Sweetie and I talked about it a lot. We missed his reunion, we never received the invitation, but he does not want me to miss mine.

Upcoming events, my calendar never goes blank.

August 23 - Round Rock Express game – time for a ballpark hotdog.
August 28 – finish MotoDiva’s most recent movie
August 31 – go back to work
September 1 – JuneBug starts her daycare
September 17-18 – romantic weekend planned
September 30 – Niece’s b-day
October 1 – Carmina Burana
October 10 – JuneBug’s 4 month appointment – more shots and introduction of cereal to her diet
October 15 – Reunion
October 31 – Halloween (of course)
November 12 – my b-day and the countdown to 30 begins
November 24 – Thanksgiving
November 30 – BestFriend’s b-day and testing for CPA section 1

I don’t know if I am testing for one part or two with the CPA. But I will keep everyone updated with my stress level, LOL. Now it is time for me to try and finish that darn book five.

No comments: