Saturday, January 13, 2007

BRRRRRR

Currently it is 37 degrees outside. As of 1pm we already have received 3" of rain. Forecast for tonight and tomorrow - more rain and cold with ice on Monday. If you don't know, ice means Austin shuts down. Luckily, I can work from home if needed.

Today Mom and I hit the store in order to avoid the colder temps tomorrow. Apparently the whole city felt the same way. It was way busy. But we bought our needed items to start the SouthBeach Winter Challenge on Monday. Yep, it all starts on Monday. Walking and eating right. I have 10 weeks to prepare for the 10k. So I start walking on Monday morning. Oh wait, I wrote that we are expecting ice on Monday morning, oh yes we are. Of course we are. I am supposed to walk anywhere from 32-45 minutes and it will be icy. What a way to start my new lifestyle.

But I am still excited. I know this is a good thing. I planned meals last night, and some good ones at that. Sweetie is excited too. He loves it when we cook together. Mostly I am interested to see how this helps my Graves'. I will keep everyone posted - keep the groans to yourself.

Since the store, the house has been nice and quiet. Bug is taking a nap - going on 3.5 hours. The house is quiet, the heater is running. Sweetie and I are doing some reading and chatting. It is one of those afternoons that feels so very nice. It is yucky outside and we are, thankfully, inside and warm and happy.

Sweetie has been in the absolute best mood this week. I love it when he is like this. I love it when he is excited about projects and hobbies. When he is really excited he can talk and talk and talk. If you know him, you know what I am talking about. When he is passionate about something, it is hard to get a word in. But it is good. Not everyone sees him like this. I love that he calls me at work to tell me updates or forwards emails that he receives. I love that he shows me websites and tell me about his plans/dreams/hopes with his endeavours.

Bug woke up - must get her some food.

No comments: