Wednesday, January 03, 2007

To the man I love


Nine years ago today we stood in front of family and friends and became one. It was a rainy and cold day, perfect for us. While I got ready, you sent over a letter to my room. This was so very romantic. As I crossed the second floor walkway overlooking where you stood waiting for me, I had no idea this would become one of your favorite memories. I walked on my Grandfather's arm towards you. You were all I could see. Even with Mark forgetting my ring in the car and running upstairs, downstairs, and outside to get it while the ceremony continued, I never noticed. It was not until later did I learn of how people were taking their rings off to send up to us. All that mattered was your hand in mine. Even when the DJ didn't show and the limo was late, nothing could have made the day better. We became One.

Terry, you are my love. You are my soulmate and best friend. During the past nine years we have experienced the lowest of lows and the highest of highs. No matter what happens, you are the one I want by my side. You are the one who knows me better than anyone else. Your arms are the ones I want holding me at night. I can say without a doubt that my love for you is unconditional. Life has tested us and we always come out stronger. I love how you make me laugh. I love how romantic you are. I love how silly you are. I love that you read to me, the cards you make me, our walks together, our traditions, our history, and our future. I love how you take care of me. I love that you are such a wonderful father. I love the life we have created.

I love you, I adore you, I need you.

May our 10th year be our best yet. Neutral is not an option.

1 comment:

terry said...

"10!"
"9!"
"8!"
"7!"
"6!"
"5!"
"4!"
"3!"
"2!"
"1!"
Every second with you, is "1!"

I live for that moment and will for the rest of my life.