Friday, January 05, 2007

me

Today is Friday. Friday is casual day. Friday is also breakfast provided day. I wore my new slippers to work. They are tan suede and have real soles - so they look like real shoes. No one has noticed, but I feel like a rebel.

Sweetie and I have decided that we are going to do the South Beach Winter Challenge. It begins on 1/15 and runs for 12 weeks, it ends on Easter. So in a way, it is an extra long lent. Now keep in mind Sweetie has all of like 5 pounds to lose. He wants to eat healthy though and continue his exercising to firm up. His main reason for doing it with me is to support me.

I am excited about it. In a way I wish it started on Monday - but I need more time to prepare. I need to clean out the pantry, plan meals, and sign up. But I must remember that while the diet does not start yet, that doesn't mean that I have to eat horribly. I weighed and measured on 1/1. I would hate to have to revise these numbers because I went all out before I start.

One of the big things that I have read is to alter your routine if your routine makes you eat. At this job I have been eating a lot at my desk. Snacking a lot. I am putting a stop to this. Not the snacking in general, but the mindless snacking. While I will store snacks in my cube, starting Monday things are going to change. No more food consumption while I am at my desk. This means that I need to grab a snack and go to the break room or outside. This goes for lunch as well. I am famous for working through lunch. No longer. I think this is going to be a big change for me. Should help my stress level too. Yay.

Things are changing and it makes me smile.

The things to motivate me to lose weight are growing. Blog Blowout is set for April 21. I cannot wait.

I have decided to motivate myself that once I start the challenge that I will post my weight, or at least my BMI. I need accountability.

Funny story, on Tuesday we were at MILs. Sweetie was helping her install a new mail box. Bug and I were sitting in her front yard. I was asking the normal questions to an 18 month old. "What does a kitty say?" She replies "meow". We go through dog and cow. Then I say, "What does daddy say?" She replied with her lips poking out "Nooooooooo". HAHAHAHAHA that cracked me up.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments: