Sunday, January 07, 2007

Weekend Update

This is my Bug. Please notice the arms inside the overalls and the mismatched shoes. She is becoming a shoe girl. She demanded Sweetie put these shoes on her.

We have had the best weekend. Friday was family night. Saturday was just the three of us and a great great day. Seriously a great day. Bug - who has been having fun practicing for her terrible twos - went without a melt down all day. We ate crepes and croissants at LaMadeline for breakfast. Then Sweetie and Bug ran around ALL OVER the mall. Seriously, those two were non stop. Her laughter could be heard throughout the building. They wore themselves out so much that we had a great family three-hour nap.

Then after a quick dinner we found ourselves at Ikea. Yep, we had never been. It was really cool. There is nothing I love more than dreaming and making plans for the future. We were big spenders and walked out the door with our bank only $1.06 less. But we found a coffee table for about $500 less than I thought we were going to spend. We also found flooring, bookcases, and other furniture to make over our computer room. The tricky part there is that we need to buy a desk that works in the computer room but could also move to our bedroom in the event that baby #2 comes while we are still in this house. Now I must add that we are NOT trying. We still have a year on my "no-baby" meds. But I don't want to buy furniture only to buy more in a year and a half. After Ikea, we came home ate chocolate cake and watched Steel Magnolias. This is one of my all time favorite movies and MIL gave it to me for Christmas.

Yesterday was so good that we were afraid that Bug used up a week's worth of good in one day. We anticipated many melt-downs today during our weekly errands. That was not the case. We did have a semi meltdown during lunch, but nothing bad. Now we are preparing for the week. My goals for this week: 1) continuing my water 2) not eating at my desk 3) walking 4) rereading my SouthBeach book to prepare for the winter challenge and 5) starting the flylady babysteps.

1 comment:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Love bugs mismatched shoes, hysterical!

I also love Steel Magnolias and of course Ikea is awesome!