Sunday, January 21, 2007

time to blog


As I write this Sweetie is in the kitchen swaying with Bug in his arms and singing a little song to get her to sleep. There is nothing sexier than a father.

I feel that I have not truly blogged in some time. Between ice, work, getting back on schedule, and life in general - I have found the time just slip by. This was a great weekend. Today is day 7 on South Beach Phase One. The last time I tried phase one, I caved on day 5. Today at day 7 - I am going strong. Official weigh in to come tomorrow. For the first time in over 10 months, I feel in control. While I am still fighting some cravings, I have been successful when Sweetie and Bug have eaten non-phase one foods around me. I am simply not as hungry as I used to be. And we are eating great food. I feel more control with everything in my life. I am happy at work, happy at home, and finally am taking actual control of my health.

Yesterday, Sweetie needed some alone time to work on some freelance. After a three hour nap, Bug and I headed out. We went to B&N first. OK so I know my daughter is small. I know she is tiny. But she has good cheeks, is not skin and bones, and if you watch her play you can tell she is healthy healthy healthy. I am so sick of people saying "wow she is small". Some people say petite. This woman at B&N sees Bug and you would think she saw something horrible. She says "she is so small!" I smile at Bug and say "yes, she is". Then she says "No, I mean she is really tiny. She is small right?". I say "yes, she is in the 3rd percentile, but very healthy" I continue to watch bug who is picking out a book and stuffie and climbing into a chair - without any aid. The lady then makes a comment about her son being in the 77th percentile. This is not a contest. The higher the number does not mean the healthier or better. And asking me if she really is small - did she think I was in denial? I get comments about her size all the time. This was the first time that someone was like this about it. GRRRRR. In spite of this Bug and I had fun and she got three books out of the deal.

We then went to the mall. We walked it 1.5 times. Now it is not a big mall - but that was a ton of walking for a Bug. She even made me do some interval training. Then we hit Target - of course. This is where it gets interesting. On SB you can have sugar free pudding. My HEB has the chocolate and swirl. Target had so many flavors, I got several but the best was mint chocolate sundae. I am set for several weeks now. I know it is the little things in life. Bug and I had the best time and Sweetie was very productive. The best part? Not a single melt down.

Today was the store and I am prepared for the second half of phase one. Bring it on.

Nine weeks until the 10k. I gotta get to my training.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DON'T EVER LISTEN TO THE SUPERSIZE IDIOTS!!! You are NOT BIG, her daddy is NOT BIG, other family members are anything but BIG!!! I would much rather see a HEALTHY, leaning toward the SMALLER size than one so chubby they have to wear clothes two sizes up from their age. It also isn't healthy and too many of the children now a days are edging on obese, and it's often not any medical problem causing it. Bug's aunt is a perfect example. Doctors poked, prodded, grilled for answers of eating habits and family history, and after about 2 hours finally came up with---'She's just going to be a petite girl". Keep the PETITE!!!! Bug is perfect for her!! HEALTHY is the important thing and she will grow to the size that's right for her.