Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Evolved

I have evolved. Let me explain. I have worn glasses for years. Not forever, but for some time. I got contacts somewhere around 2000. I wore them throughout my pregnancy. I even wore my glasses when I went back to work. Then I stopped. I no longer needed them. I figured that Bug fixed me with the pregnancy. After diagnosis with Graves', I realized that is what it was. Well, I have noticed a bit of haziness - not really blurry but not crisp - with my vision. So I was good and went to the eye dr. We have great eye insurance.

The results?

I have evolved. I have perfect vision. I don't remember the last time a dr told me that. Woo Hoo. The hazy thing? It comes with being an accountant and staring at Excel. My eyes are tired. I am to use eye drops once to twice a day - also good with my Graves'. And I got some reading glasses. They are supposed to relieve my eyes while working. Like a nice down comforter. The catch? My prescription, since I don't have vision problems to speak of, is too low to get the cheap ones from CVS. So I had to order some cute work glasses. I went dramatic. I cannot wait until they come in. They should help my headaches too. But, of course, while our insurance is good - the place is not a "ready in one hour" shop. It might take two weeks to get my CK black with pink interior reading glasses. Even the Dr was quite impressed at how my eyes improved.

So I guess I have had some good come from my disease.

Hey it is national delurking week. Yep, once again.
Come out, come out wherever you are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your personal evolution! :)

And cool re: national lurker's week. I'll have to check out the link...

terry said...

if you know i am reading your blog, does it still count as lurking? ;)