Thursday, January 04, 2007

what to say

I feel random today. Work is going well. They are piling more on my plate. I can take it. Plus they gave me access from home. Any computer with an Internet and I am set.

Other than allergies, Austin has such wonderful allergies, I am feeling good. This is the first week that I am feeling really good. And I mean good because of my sinus infection leaving me, of course. But more than that, I am feeling good mentally. I am feeling good physically. My nails are so crazy long that Sweetie said I can get a manicure. A professional one. I have never had one with my real nails, always got the fake ones. So that will be nice. I think I will also do a pedicure. Anyone want to come with me?

But I also realized that I don't remember my last cramp. For those of you who are new or don't remember, I was having mind numbing-tear causing-wanting to pee because of the pain cramps. And all over my body. Well, no longer. Makes me think that there might be something to what my Dr said and it being about the ratio of my thyroid chemicals and not my meds. I also feel clearer with my head. And I desperately need my eyes checked. I have never had real bad vision. But I wore contacts and glasses before and through my pregnancy. Around the time the Graves' hit, I no longer needed them. The Graves corrected my vision. Now it is back to normal - I see it as a good sign.

I feel like I am ready to attack this weight gain. I feel like it is now at a point where I can start to deal with it since I am feeling good in other ways. And other than some bags under my eyes, I think I am looking healthier. I have got to go to sleep earlier. But I am sleeping. And I don't feel as tired as I did not long ago. I feel tired because I was up too late with Sweetie. Now I just need to add my walking back in - and it has been cold and rainy here. Well, cold and rainy for Austin.

As far as the FlyLady, we have not officially started it. I did jump the gun and start on my control journal in the sense that I started my weekly plan. FlyLady is all about baby steps. But I have to feel like I have some control over the big picture before I can do the baby steps. So I created version one of my weekly plan, I am sure I will revise it as I live it. But honestly I think it looks very doable. I am excited by the thought of an organized house. We know we are going to be in this house for a few more years, want to pay off debt before moving. There are things we want to do, more shelving and floors, and I put this on my flylady list as well. I can start to accomplish it if I have it on a list, although it does not mean that it will happen.

New Years Eve was perfect for us. It was laid back. During the day we got a call from our Elgin friends. We had not seen them since the pool party in 2005. Surprise, they have a new baby. Wow! We invited them over and got to re-meet their oldest son and meet their new born boy. So the night was laid back with people holding the 1 month old and Serif playing with the now 4 year old. We met the husband through Mark - Sweetie's cousin. We do not see them nearly enough. Hopefully that is going to change with this new year.

There is another friend of Sweetie's cousin that is our friend. We have been talking about him a lot lately - Rob - another good guy. Well, as we were getting into bed last night Bug hit the answering machine and lo and behold we hear a message from Rob wishing us Happy Nine Years. So Sweet. We have not seen him since Sept 05 - he lives in Houston and came to our house when they evacuated. We hope to see him soon, by him coming here or us going there.

Just a small world to hear from two friends that we have not seen and that started out as friends with a go-between within a week. That go-between now lives in Idaho and we worried that without the go-between, mostly about Rob, that we wouldn't see him for a very long time. It makes me feel loved that they called us on their own.

Oh and our friends in Colorado - the friends from college where the husband had the flesh eating virus and lost an arm and we went and visited them in July 2001 - we thought we lost them as our invite to Bug's party came back undeliverable. Well, they sent a Christmas card. Ta da - new address. YAY. Must keep in better contact with friends that live far away. Not a resolution - just a fact.

OK I think I have rambled enough. Almost time to go and get my Bug, and hug her and kiss her and love her.

1 comment:

Crista said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary!! Your message to Terry brought (happy) tears to my eyes. Very sweet. So happy for you! Glad you're feeling good today too...