Friday, January 26, 2007

randomness from the head of a mouse

I am all over the place today. I am still feeling great - day 12. I am not depressed. I am simply emotional. I want to surround myself with family and friends. I also want to organize. Yes, I am in that kind of mood. We went out to eat last night. I have the SB dining book. I did great. All phase one and then pudding when we got home. Yay me. And it is official SIL#2's wedding date is set for 7/14. I have 24 weeks, I can do it.

This weekend is going to be fun. Tonight is family night and helping Mom make sandwiches for a funeral. I know it doesn't sound like fun, but it is since we are helping. Tomorrow is Bug's friend's b-day party - I thought was last weekend, nope. Then on Sunday we are hoping to get some good photos of Bug and SIL#1's dog in the park.

I am also in a mood let my internets know more about me. What is going on in that pretty head of mine?
~I want to do the LiveStrong Challenge - Oct 12-14 in Austin. There is a 5k run/walk and a bike ride. I want to do the 5k.
~Cap 10k is still on my mind. Hopefully, I can get out and walk more than once next week.
~Blog Blowout is mid-April. This is going to be a blast. I cannot wait to meet everyone face to face.
~I have not had any fast food in almost two weeks. That is awesome.
~My favorite morning drink. Take two cups of 1% milk - heat in microwave 2-2:30. Put in a cup with a bag of tea - ( I have tried chai and vanilla caramel truffle) - and two splenda. This is sooo good. I have been totally getting in my dairy.
~I feel so much healthier. I go back for more blood work March 7th. I am hoping, hoping, hoping, that finally they are going to reduce my meds.
~Interesting thing, when I got my eyes tested I told them about my Graves'. Graves' has a potential for eye issues - so optometrists know about it as well. They asked if I had the radiation and when I said that I was using the meds two doctors at different points and not near each other interrupted me saying I was on meds with "oh, of course you probably want more children." Now with my research I have found that this treatment is supposed to keep my fertility in tact, but that scared the crap out of me.
~Chatting with DarkDiva and her Jeff made me want to rejoin our old gym. The main reason we quit was cost. Second was hours of the family time in the pool and the daycare. The hours have changed. Yay. We might be rejoining.
~I just passed on Chocolate Cake, banana split pie, and carrot cake. And TWICE, as I went into the break room TWICE. I AM SOOO GOOD
~I am now surfing Southbeachdiet.com for phase two chocolate cake recipes
~I think it is cool that my friend's husbands are reading my blog
~When I was passing on the Sweets the second time, my boss says "didn't you complete a marathon or something like that" - DAMN can't say yes while eating chocolate cake. Well, I am sure MotoDiva would argue that. And SHE has completed a half ironman, so maybe she is more right than I am.
~I don't think celery is a good alternative to chocolate cake.
~When I reach my first goal - BMI under 30, I am getting a manicure and pedicure.
~There are no phase two chocolate cake recipes. I will have to look in the cookbooks.

OK off to get a Bug. Have a great weekend.

No comments: