Friday, January 12, 2007

Happy Times

Whenever we go to Target I have to look around the bedding area. You see I Loves me some jersey knit sheets. And I have a king size mattress. The day I interviewed with the non-profit I went to Target to celebrate. I found king-size jersey knit sheets. The price said 19.99. I was SHOCKED. King size sheets at that price. I buy them. At the register they come up 17.00. Right on!.

So every time we go I look for a repeat of this perfect find. Not only do I not find the same price, but no king size jersey knit sheets to be found.

Last night we went to target for some one's b-day (SIL#1). We were leaving the toy isle and what do I see? Actually Sweetie pointed them out to me. Hot pink jersey knit sheets. And they were king size. WOO HOO. I look at the price. Really it didn't matter because I wanted the sheets. They said 19.99. Right on. GREAT price for king size sheets. I look again on the sale tag and it said, currently on sale for 14.99. WTF?!? Sweetie took it to a price check stand because he didn't believe me that they were that cheap. Sure enough they were. I got my pink sheets. We go a little further and we see Black ones. Sweetie drools. I tell him that at $15, we should get both colors. Between cats and a kid we need to change our sheets often. We go a little further still and see blue ones. Seriously did they FINALLY get it that people with big beds still like the cool feel of the jersey knit. We did not purchase the blue ones. But with the pink and black, I made out. We are so very set for sheets now. Woo hoo.

And while Bug and I butted heads before we left (coloring on walls and being mean to a kitty), she was great at the store. She walked like a big kid, next to me with her arms crossed. And she played with some of the toys but when we asked her to move on, she was so good about it. That totally made of for the night before.

The night before she wanted nothing to do with me, only wanted her daddy. If I touched her she cried like I was killing her. If he touched her she was quiet and happy. Yesterday morning I was lying in bed, she was in the middle. We were waking up and talking. I told her "last night you made me sad". Without me saying anything else or gesturing, she scooted over to me and snuggled me. She understands. I tell you, being a mom to a toddler can try your last nerve. Like I tell everyone, good thing she is cute, it keeps her alive. I say that, but she really isn't that bad. She is a great kid, she is just going through the normal struggles for her age. The worst part are her fits. She screams, goes limp, goes stiff, throws things, hits, etc etc etc. She just gets so frustrated. But I know, this too shall pass. Mom says that I survived this stage and so will Bug.

I just had the fun of taking Bug to the Dr. She had a bad cough this morning. They are talking ice for Monday and I didn't want to wait and be iced in and have her be real sick. Good news, it is just allergies. And no prescription, just an over the counter. Woo Hoo.

Tomorrow during the day Bug and I get a girl's day - Sweetie has to finish some freelance. Then the night is going to be an actual date night. I am so looking forward to it.

1 comment:

RedStateMomma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.