Thursday, September 16, 2004

Feeling Better

I must say that I am feeling better today. It has taken too long. Between sinus infection and food poisoning - it wasn't fair. But today I feel great. Ok a little tired - but other than that I am good. I worked late last night, but did not mind. I had a good day yesterday. I finally had the day where I feel that I belong here. My boss is great and stood up for me. That is helping to ease the pain and anxiety that SKIDS left behind. I also met the CAO of our parent company. I was not even nervous. And today I met with the Controller and was comfortable enough to talk about my job and my duties without sounding like an idiot. My boss even gave me credit for some of my ideas in this meeting. All in all a good day - and it isn't even 2.

The person I replaced returned to the mothership. At first I did not know how I felt about it. However, I am ok. She is working in a different department with different duties. I know that I can do this job better - and I will just have to prove it to everyone else. I am starting to wonder if I want to stay here after graduation or if I actually want to pursue the audit industry. We shall see - I have some time to think about it.

No comments: