Monday, September 27, 2004

Let me introduce you to Me!

Today I am Me. I mean, I am always me. However, today I feel that I am who I really am – without masks or smoke and whistles. Not that today is the turning point – this past week I have felt more alive and more comfortable in my own skin. Not only do I think it is my confidence, but also all aspects of my life coming together.

Today I am comfortable. I am wearing jeans, black loafers, and a pink t-shirt with the Target logo that represents Breast Cancer Awareness and Research. Last night I dyed my hair – always go very dark this time of year – and I love it. I am going back to the super short haircut – not sure when, but it is coming. Today I am wearing my glasses due to eyes not wanting my contacts. When I look in the mirror, I smile thinking that I am looking at me. Today I have my computer with me – for school tonight. My bag is another symbol of me. I have two pins on my bag (both my sweetie and I are very into pins). One is a pink ribbon and the other is a pin that says “Walk On” for Team in Training.

As you can tell, I am very into the whole cancer research for a cure and charitable organizations scene. I see myself working closer with Team in Training and the Breast Cancer societies when I am out of school. The Avon Breast Cancer Walk is interesting me – 60 miles in 3 days for a great cause gets my blood pumping.

This is me. It is hard to look deep inside yourself and determine what really exists. We tend to blame actions and personality flaws on others, as a reaction rather than a trait. I know that I get stressed easily, I know that I am very strong, I know that I am very smart, and I know that my feelings are mine. No one else can take them from me. My passion defines me, my strength enables me, and my outlook on life gives me hope for tomorrow.

No comments: