Tuesday, September 14, 2004

TMI

Read at your own risk.

Yesterday morning I woke up with a cautious stomach. Not really feeling sick - but could tell I needed to stick to soup. I thought I was doing better at 2:30 and opted for some chocolate cake for my boss' 40th b-day. By 3:30 I was feeling worse and even threw up at work. I wrote to my professor and let her know I could not make it to class. I headed home and sure enough threw up on the way home - thank heavens for plastic sandwich bags. This continued through the evening with violent episodes. Thanks goodness my Sweetie takes such good care of me. I was aching all over when I needed to go to bed so I took my good cough medicine - with codeine - to sleep deeper. The only problem is that I am groggy until 12 hours from the time I took the medicine. This combined with a bad headache and feeling less than perfect led to me sleeping an hour late. I woke up still feeling bad - but mostly groggy. Sure enough threw up again - this time was bad because nothing was left in my belly. I gathered some crackers and a mountain dew and headed to work. So far so good - however I am still exhausted and stomach hurts.

Now that I made everyone's day - I think it is food poisoning. And I hate to say it - I think it came from the shower. The one good thing is that I have lost weight. Can't say this is how I would like to lose the weight - but hey trying to find the silver lining. I have only been at work for an hour so I can't leave yet - prob will go home at noon - if I can make it. I would take my sinus infection over this any day of the week.

No comments: