Monday, September 27, 2004

Strength

Saturday Dark Diva invited me to join a dating type-site that includes many questions and tests and determines compatibility. She wanted us to join in order to see how compatible we are as friends, just for fun. Well turns out so far, I have not answered all questions; we are about 73% compatible as friends. This is interesting. I filled out the profile and there is a section where you put three adjectives to describe yourself: I chose cute, intelligent, and strong.

Recently, over the last week, my husband has told me on several occasions that I am very strong. This got me thinking. Am I strong? I guess so. Moreover, I am proud of this trait. I might stress out at times, but I can deal with a lot of stress and handle many situations where others would crumble. I can focus on a goal and make sure that the needed items are complete, and more importantly push through even when they are not.

I think I am a very emotional person. I mean that I feel deeply. My emotions are strong and passionate. I understand that with love you will find pain at times. I also understand that without the pain the love is not appreciated or even re-ignited. Not to make light of any situation, but things happen for a reason, sometimes to simply force our eyes to open and to begin anew.

No comments: