Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Silver Lining

I am a silver-lining kind of person. I know if you know me you might doubt this statement at times due to my stress-out moments. Let me rephrase - I prepare for the worst while hoping for the best and try to see the good or "meant to be" in everything. I am a strong believer in fate. I believe things happen and we are where we are for a reason. Even when things are painful or uncertain - they are for a purpose. For example, fate sent me to SKIDS to experience that awful place. If not for there, I would not be here. I love my job and my company. Most importantly, I love my boss. I realized why I like him so much - he reminds me of my best friend's husband. Do not get me wrong, just because I identify him as her husband, does not mean we are not friends. I think of him as a close friend that I trust deeply. Well, back to the point....

Sometimes awful things happen to open our eyes - to give appreciation. When an event like this happens it is like a veil lifts to reveal the truth. This truth, though sometimes hard to swallow, makes one reevaluate the current path. It pierces the tent of illusions that beneath we live. If we are lucky, this unveiling will reveal a beautiful starry sky that we would have never known existed otherwise.

No comments: