Friday, September 24, 2004

A Step Up

So once again this perhaps should be in my other blog, but it has meaning on the rest of my life as well. At my work if you park in the back you have to go down almost 2 flights of stairs to get into work. And as I know you can figure out - when parking here you have to climb these stairs to get back to your car. I have parked there almost the entire time working here. There is another parking area that is higher than the one I park in with an extra flight of stairs - building is on a hill. I told myself when I get into better shape I will park there. Well, today I did it. The recent weight loss and increase in my confidence gave me the power. I was the only car up there when I parked. It is so beautiful with trees and a trail. Now I know this means I must climb these stairs to get back to my car - and we will see the kind of shape I am in as I leave the parking lot. But the point is that I did it. I am trying to remind myself daily that I can do anything. I am an independent and strong woman and when I put my mind to something, I can do it. I have this track record - school and marathons prove this. I plan to use this determination to help in all areas of my life. I refuse to wait any longer. No more waiting until I lose weight or finish school. Life is now and I must embrace this or I will lose everything.

No comments: