Wednesday, February 01, 2006

1st day check in

My first day was great. There are 11 in the office total, including myself, and everyone seems very nice (even the Amazon beautiful ones). I have keys, a safe, and an office. Very kewl.

I had lunch with my Boss and another manager. Very relaxing. Today in general was relaxing. I printed and read some reports, made a binder for my boss, entered meetings into my calendar, and started arranging my office. A very nice day. Looks like I only have to be there from 9-5. That is nice with Sweetie and me commuting. He insisted that we ride together with the current gas prices.

I just have to say it is amazing to work for an organization where you hear "when were you diagnosed, do you know you can get aid" and receive a hand written card stating thanks for everything the organization has done.

I know I was only out of work for 6 weeks, but it seems like forever. I so missed my after lunch nap, lol. I am going to make sure to take things to make my office mine. I am really trying to use this opportunity to take my introvert self and try to semi-transform myself to an extrovert.

Being there makes me want to be healthy - ignore the icecream tonight. But I did eat good at breakfast and lunch. And dinner was my Sweetie world famous turkey BLTs on wheat bread.

OMG I took a picture on 9/2/03 due to it being my first day of SKIDS - only a couple of weeks after joining Team in Training. I also took a photo today. I look like totally different people. I will have to scan in the older picture. Amazing difference, really. It is not quite my highest weight, but you get the picture.

The three day walk is still intriguing me. Flutter did it in Sept. She is so amazing - ok her mom is even more amazing. Reading her training blog really inspired me. But I have to be realistic. Perhaps I should walk a full marathon before I try to do 60 miles over three days.

Sorry, I have to close now, it is my turn to remove hair for Carnaval.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I've done a marathon through Team in Training. It rocks. Let me know if you have any questions.

Missy said...

Ya I did TNT in the Fall 04 season. We walked a half in Nov 03 and another in Feb 04. It totally rocks. It is an organization near and dear to my heart.