Monday, February 06, 2006

Monday

The BEST thing happened yesterday. I heard Sweetie say "I like going to work, I like my job". That is so wonderful. I feel the same way. I know this is only my 4th day, but still...

Today I get to meet the staff - as in one on one meetings. I put a signup sheet on my door so everyone could schedule a time. So far it is working. I have my first meeting at 1:30. I feel so comfortable here. My boss said that I had a great first week.

Today starts our 10k training. Mostly I am using this to get back into a training mindset. With the goal being 6 miles, it is not unrealistic. My program has 4-6 days of walking and three days of weights. Totally doable. I am hoping that Bug can put up with the stroller for the longer walks (get up to 90 minutes near the end) so she and I can do out workouts at night.

It is funny. When I started TNT I weighed 50 pounds heavier and had not walking consistently in years. Now I am much lighter and have been walking off and on recently and I am more nervous about this training.

And for those who care, Fat Tuesday is Feb 28th and Ash Wednesday is March 1st. I am still trying to decide what to give up. Chocolate is a consideration.

And I almost forgot to tell you. On Friday Sweetie and I carpooled. That morning I was in my car waiting for him to gather the last of the needed items for the day. He came back with an origami creation in his hands. He gave it to me. It is pink and beautiful. It is a mouse and he gave it to me to put in my office. Isn't he the sweetest.

Bug turns 8 months tomorrow. It is so hard to believe. She is turning into such a sweet little girl. We lover her so much. I cannot wait to go and pick her up this afternoon.

I think that is all I can think to write about.

1 comment:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Oh you sound so happy! That is wonderful! I loved your post about life being great!