Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Love Love Love

Valentines Day. This is an important day for Sweetie and I. Up until 1997 I felt that I could “take it or leave it” – it being V-day.

Then in 1997 Sweetie proposed. He said he would never do it on Valentines Day, as it is cheesy. However, he wanted to propose after a modern dance program he was in. He wanted it to be in front of hundreds of strangers proclaiming his love for me. This dance fell on Valentine’s day. He got up in front of everyone and spoke of how I am his senses. He asked me on stage and got on one knee. “Will you be my senses for the rest of my life?” I said yes.

Since then Valentines has not been as huge, who can top that. So we so something sweet and make sure to enjoy “us” time. Some years go without presents or with a movie or simply snuggling. Honestly if he proposed any other day, we would treat that day the same way.

Nine years now. Amazing. Even with the bad that we have gone through in the last 9 years, I would not change that answer. It was worth it for the good. He is my soulmate.

This morning I got Bug’s bottle and came back to bed, she snuggled me last night while Sweetie worked on my gift. Sweetie (who was up until 4) asked if I saw anything. I saw nothing. This is quite shocking. After Bug finished her bottle the three of us went into the living room. The living room was covered in three sizes of origami butterflies. All yellow and about 200 of these beauties. Bug got so excited at watching my reaction that it looked like she was taking credit.

Then Sweetie says “Are you going to take a picture?” Of course I am. I grab the camera. After a couple of photos, he asks “how many pictures do you have left?” I say “344…wait 344” I thought the camera was broken, I do not have that much memory. I realize what he did. How wonderful is that.

I had a HUGE fortune cookie covered in chocolate delivered to his work. He was very surprised. I also gave him a page of coupons. We have been doing a lot of stuff for me lately and I wanted him to get some priority event picking in. I hope he uses them soon. They are for gaming, movies, bedroom play, you know that kind of thing.

At lunch we delivered the valentines that I purchased for Bug to give to the Grandmas. Since they do not have a significant other to send flowers, Sweetie and I hand delivered them to their places of business. This caused much surprise and excitement. The only better thing would be if Bug helped, but she was in school, and lunch was not long enough to pick up and drop back off.

Just found out that I have to work Sunday morning at 6:00. I am helping my organization cheer for the Freescale Marathon. That is going to be a long day. Luckily I have Monday off, but I hop to get an additional day off as well. We shall see.

Tonight is Sweetie, Bug, and I hanging out. We are going to watch 1 or 2 movies, play a game, and eat some good food. My kind of v-day.

One more hour until I get to get my sweet sweet bug and see my Sweetie.

2 comments:

hemlock said...

Where's the pic of the butterflies?? I so want to see that!

Grammy G said...

That was so perfect of Terry. I am so glad that you have each other.

Love,
Grammy G