Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Time to make an announcement

First - great thoughts sent to BestFriend today - she is the most awesome.

Starting tonight, I will be back on my training for the Cap 10k - April 2.

Come on, you know you want to - 6.2 miles of happiness.

This week is also important of another "start". Yesterday marked the start of the Self Challenge. This 3 month challenge occurs every year at this time. I first joined this challenge in 1997. I was newly engaged and had been doing Weight Watchers for about a month. Actually last year was the only year that I did not join - due to Bug being in my belly. The catch? I have never finished the challenge. This year I am motivated. I am hoping this will help me lose the last 15-20 pounds.

The challenge will end just as I start half marathon training again. My half marathon training is 26 weeks. So I am scheduled out for 38 weeks, for walking at least.

Hmmmm what else is in 38 weeks? MY B-DAY!!!! The Motive Bison Stampede is on my b-day this year. WOO HOO. What a great way to celebrate 30 - walking 13.1 miles. I e-mailed my boss and asked if I can participate. I hope she says yes. I am going forward as if everything is ok. After all, another staff member ran the half on Sunday.

So if Sweetie wants to do something for my b-day, it will need to be the week before or after.

I want everyone who has any desire to walk/run this course to join me. So far I have HowieMaui, MIL, Sweetie, DarkDiva, and my walking partner from TNT. This is going to be fun. I want to work on my timing and contemplating a walk/run strategy.

** SIDE NOTE - my office is in the process of hiring someone new. This person should start on the 1st. SHE CURRENTLY WORKS AT SKIDS. And she worked there when I worked there. I wonder if I know her. WOW, small world. For those of you who don't know. SKIDS was a horrible place to work. Engineers were doing the accounting (no offense to either) and they were a "for profit" in what should have been non-profit business. That is the only job where I walked out. Oh I hope she was one of the good ones.

So if you are in the Austin area the weekend of Nov 12, please come and walk 13.1 miles with me. All fees related to the Motive Bison Stampede go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

8 days remaining to eat meat - including today. I am making BBQ Brisket soup tonight. You can't get much more "meat" than that, lol.

No comments: