Friday, February 17, 2006

Atmosphere and Rememberings

The office is a buzz due to getting ready for the marathon. I love it. While a cold front came in last night, I know the runners can handle it. It snowed the day before I did Motorola (what is now Freescale).

My half marathons brought me such pride. At Motive my Sweetie dropped me off, MIL met me on the course, and my Mom met me at the finish line. I remember the Team in Training staff cheering me on, and I remember my coach coming to find us when they took up the course too early. It was painful (lost a toenail). Bust importantly it was rewarding. After the event I went to a late lunch with Brother, SIL, and Mom at Texas Land and Cattle where Sweetie was working a double.

I need to write to my walking buddy.

Motorola was three months after Motive. I was in better shape, no lighter due to thyroid, but I was more confident. My mom and Sweetie took me to the starting line. I left my walking partners behind, I was determined. I had the best pace of my life and they still shut the course down early. Sweetie met me on the course and helped me walk the last few miles. Because I was walking so quickly I was not keeping up with my calorie intake or my water - so his help was appreciated. At the last station we saw, they were packing up. They were out of cups and I told them that I needed fluid, they gave me a full bottle of powerade. I made sure to give the powerade to Sweetie before running across the finish line. DarkDiva, her husband, her two girls, MIL, SIL, Niece, BestFriend, and her husband met me at the finish. Mom met me in the shoot, right after the finish. She hugged me. She was so proud.

It wouldn't be a marathon without her. My mom is coming with me to cheer on the runners/walkers. She is amazing. It will be cold and wet. It will be long. I get an extra day off for this, she does not. And she does not get Monday off like I do. But she said she would do it. She wants to help. She told me when this job came about that she would help with any volunteer opportunities possible.

I appreciate it.

I have been reading a blog. Deb's blog. She is making me think a lot about life and my job. Amazing what this internet does. It brings people together - their experiences. Mom and I are now looking into donating platelets.

Everyone able should give blood. It saves lives - simple as that.

Tonight is Brother's b-day celebration. He is now 37. How is that possible? Tomorrow is major cleaning day and baby proofing. The night is the Blog Blowout. I hope I feel up to it. Then Sunday is the Marathon. Talk about busy.

I need to fee better so that I can get back on track with my training. 6 weeks is better than none.

And why do I receive so many hang-ups????

1 comment:

Grammy G said...

I will never forget the feeling I had watching you cross both of those finish lines. I am so proud of you and, if I helped at all, then I have done my job.

Love,
Grammy G