Monday, February 13, 2006

Everything you wanted to know about my weekend

Blogger is down so I shall compose this in Word. I am at work and sleepy. My boss is working closed door so I am left to my own devices.

I have no photos to show with this post. Instead of SPF catch ups I am going to post pictures of my weekend. With thsi post I am going to give you the low down, or is it the down low, of all the fun I had.

Thursday – had dinner with Thomas and his wife. It was great to see each other again after 10 years. Parking SUCKED because it does at Chuys, but it was worth it for the company.

Friday – Game night with HowieMaui, her husband, and HS friends. I had a blast. We left at 1 very tired. We played Apples to Apples. That is a fun game. Sweetie got a little annoyed because people were picking the funny answers instead of the most alike. But that is my Sweetie, secretly anal to the core.

Saturday - Kitties needed food so Sweetie got up early and took care of that. When he got back he decided to let Bug and I sleep. Isn’t he great? OK that isn’t the best part. When Bug woke up, he came in and got her and told me to keep sleeping. SO AWESOME. I woke up and ate breakfast – that he bought while he was out – and it was healthy. Then Bug showed signs of needing a nap. The solution? The family nap. We slept for over an hour. When we woke up Sweetie offered to watch Bug some more while I enjoyed a shower. The time slipped away and soon we were scurrying to get ready for Thomas’s party at his Mom’s house.

I am so glad we went. I had a great time. And while Sweetie looked bored at certain points he swears he had a good time too. Bug got to play with puppies and I got to chat, such a nice and relaxing day. The strangest part was that he went home yesterday. All the friends that I have reunited with – bitches, extreme bitches, or nice friends – have lived in Austin at the time of the reuniting. I kept thinking that we would be able to hang out again soon. But that is not the case. Soon is next year. I need to e-mail him and let him know how much I enjoyed being there. He is a friend that I really regret losing 10 years. However, we talked like no time passed. The last WBW really made me think of him and how happy I was that he googled Sweetie in order to find me.

Sunday – We went to church. It is time for Bug to go to the Nursery. She was talking and talking during the service – esp. the quiet portions.

Sweetie came up with what he wants us to give up for lent – meat. We are hoping to stay on track and not use the Sunday cheat days that we could. I was worried about it. Then I started listing everything we can eat (please note we are still eating milk, cheese, and eggs). It is not bad. Something to make us think and that is what is needed. I expect us to do well with it – to not become full vegetarians after this, but maybe social meat eaters. The good thing is that I have many cookbooks with recipes that I can use as well as Weight Watcher online. I will keep everyone up on our progress. Sweetie loves my grilled cheese. So worst case we can live off of PB&J and grilled cheese.

After church we went to B&N and purchased Bug’s first Valentine’s presents. *Which reminds me that during lunch I need to get valentines for her class – I know last minute, but I am new at this.* We ate lunch at the Texas Land and Cattle that Sweetie worked at from March 2003 –Feb 2004. It was good – but no waiter ever will live up to how good Sweetie was.

Lunch was a way to pass the time before going back to church to get the alter flowers. The church gives them to people who might need cheering up but you can’t pick them up until the last service. Mom and I had flower duty this time (Sweetie had to work – but he did help us pick them up and get them to the house where we could Google map the addresses). We took flowers to three people and a nursing home. I truly think it cheered them up. Then we saw two German Shepards in the road, one almost got hit by about three inches. I pulled to the side and got the dogs safe. Luckily another car came up and offered to drive the dogs around and to try and find their home. This was wonderful as I was not sure what we were going to do with the dogs, I wasn’t thinking that far ahead, I just didn’t want them safe.

All in all it was a great day. We didn’t get home until late – it was a lot of driving and talking. But it was a beautiful day so it was not bad at all. Brother and SIL came over in the evening and watched Grey’s Anatomy with us. GOOD ONE. Mom and I are soo hooked on this show.

So now I am at work. Everyone is caught up on this thing I call life. Tomorrow marks 9 years since my Sweetie asked for my hand.

OK back to work.

No comments: