Wednesday, February 08, 2006

WBW - Gone but Not Forgotten

TheKeptWoman wants us to post photos of those who are no longer with us. And so I shall.

This is the man I miss on a daily basis. He has been gone 8 years, 4 months, and 39 days. This is my father in his Senior High School Photo. He left this earth much too soon and I don't think my mother will ever forgive him for that. However, we make sure that his memory is alive. My brother and I talk about him a lot. I want Bug to know him, even if it is through photos and silly stories about "two bears", she will know him.

This is my Grandpa. He was my hero. He could do no wrong. I miss him almost as much as I miss my father and with the same ache, even though it will be 8 years next month (REALLY crappy year from May 97-Mar 98).

This is me - (blonde on the left) and my brother (kid sitting on the floor) with our lost family. We have my grandpa, grandma, dad, papo, and nanny. Such happy memories. I want to make sure that there are wonderful pictures of family for Bug. You know, just in case.

Thank you for letting me share my favorite people. I could write so much more. However, as it is I am already tearing up.

Everyone please hug your babies and sweeties tonight.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

You're right. Losing family fucking sucks.

Great post!

Reighnie said...

I think it's great that you want to leave family pictures.

I have to tell you I have none,no family heirlooms, nada. It really got to me in my early 20s to have no family history.

I think it's a wonderful thing to give someone, especially a child.

Unknown said...

I hope that you do continue to share stories, memories and words of wisdom that your father left for you. Bug will be all the better for having that exposure. :)

Sheri & SuZan said...

You were right that was a crappy year. Sorry for the loss of your dad, but we also do what you do and keep the memory alive.

Great post and sorry it took so long to come and visit.