Thursday, February 23, 2006

You Never Know

I went to the Dr this morning. I have GREAT blood pressure (thank you daddy) and NO fever. I have a sinus infection. I asked what to do about my immune system. She told me the standard, eat right, exercise, and get plenty of sleep. yadda yadda yadda. I gave my blood for thyroid testing. Hope I get good results.

Today a co-worker - my favorite actually - found out that one of her good friend's husband died last night. He was MAYBE 30. She woke up to find him dead. They think it was a heart attack. A (the Coworker) said that he was stressed a lot. This is horrible. I totally teared up when she told me. I cannot imagine waking up to find your husband dead. Esp that young.

I am so happy that while I was at the doctor I made an appointment for Sweetie. You see he has not been to the doctor for a physical since like 1997. I scheduled a head to toe physical - whatever that means for someone 30.

I am also so happy that we are in lower stress jobs. Well, Sweetie will be working insane hours today because of a project he volunteered for, but he is excited about it and I will take him some dinner tonight. Sweetie told me last night that I seem much less stressed with my new job. He also thinks I should try for two sections for the CPA - we shall see.

I am so tired. I think Bug and I will hit the hay early tonight. After dropping off food and prescriptions, of course.

Working out - not happening until I get on my antibiotics. The meds I got for my nose are helping but I do not want to over do it only to end up with bronchitis. I might have wait until next week. So what do you do when you are sick? Eat. Someone in my office who is supposed to be on South Beach phase one baked a yummy chocolate cake for the office. Yes, I had some. Combine that with last night's dinner with Best Friend, her husband, and Sam and you come up with no weight loss this week. Oh well. There is always next week.

I got permission from my boss to do Motive. WOO HOO. Who is doing it with me? Come on you know you want to. Of course this means that I need to get off my butt.

I better be feeling better for next Wednesday. I want to combine exercise and counting points with our no-meat lent.

I am also proud, Bug grabbed the waiter's ass last night at dinner - that's my girl.


I feel very lucky today. Remember, you never know. Make sure you hug and kiss the ones you love as much as possible. Or, if anything, call them and say you love them. Life is much too short.

No comments: