Saturday, February 19, 2005

100 things about me

1.I was a bicentennial baby
2.Never lived more than 15 miles from the hospital I was born
3.I can be very silly
4.I can be very serious
5.I believe in comfort over fashion
6.I am 5'
7.I met my husband when I was 15
8.Married when I was 21
9.our honeymoon was at Disney World, it was wonderful
10.we are still together and are very happy
11.in fact happier than we have ever been
12.My family is very important to me
13.and often try to solve all their problems - rarely does this happen
14.I had four majors before deciding on accounting
15.I still long to do something with psychology
16.I was the first in my family to earn a college degree
17.Daisies are my favorite flower
18.Butterflies are also my favorite
19.they tend to follow me during stressful/emotional times
20.Did not ride a roller coaster until I was 16
21.It was the Texas Giant in Six Flags in Dallas
22.First airplane trip was when I was 18
23.It was my first time to leave the state of Texas and the country
24.When I am stressed I am obsessive about biting off all my nails
25.When I am writing a paper I am the same way about my toe nails
26.no, I do not bite them - I have to clip them
27.although I could physically bite my big toe nail before pregnancy
28.even with being overweight
29.I do not smoke
30.although I have smoked and "smoked" in the past
31.but never as a habit or on a consistent basis - purely social for both
32.and did not try "smoking" until I was 22 - I didn't care for it
33.I have never tried anything harder
34.I do not drink coffee in the mornings
35.instead I crave cold water and drink it all day
36.I like to drink Shirley Temples
37.They remind me of my Grandpa
38.As well as Tin Roof Ice-cream and Root Beer Floats
39.I received my love for ice-cream from him
40.I only drink alcohol on a social basis
41.and when this happens it is normally way too much
42.I am a "love everyone" drunk
43.I have lost more family members than currently survive
44.With every loss I try to focus on improving my life
45.when we lost my father-in-law my husband, then fiancee, and I moved in together
46.when we lost my father we moved up the wedding
47.when we lost my grandpa is when I started looking at going back to school
48.although it took a year before I got my butt in gear
49.I love being married
50.we have grown from mistakes
51.once you realize you really are with a person by choice - things can't help but improve
52.I know I am free to leave - I want to stay
53.I like watching stupid tv reruns before going to bed
54.I like thunder storms
55.I sing in the mornings - not only in the shower
56.mostly made up songs to the cats and my Husband
57.I have six cats - yes way too many
58.they are my furry children
59.we always wanted children
60.but wanted to wait until after I completed my education
61.I think we will be better parents for it
62.I will graduate when I am 36 weeks pregnant
63.I suffer from, and fight, depression
64.I do not like to use medication
65.It makes me feel numb
66.when I am upset, I tend to keep it in and try to stay away from others
67.a stress relief tool for me is a nice bubble bath or a long walk
68.One of my biggest accomplishments is financial independence
69.I sleep with a stuffed pooh bear
70.I get teary eyed with the national anthem
71.I use music as therapy
72.Such as Chicago, Tori Amos, and Sarah McLachlan
73.During hard times I listen to one album over and over
74.This repetition also works with movies
75.my mother and I reached a point of quoting lines from Steel Magnolias
76.it is how we bonded after my grandmother's death
77.I have completed two half marathons for charity
78.these were huge accomplishments
79.My husband met me on the course of the second and cheered me on until the end
80.I want a job that helps the community
81.my favorite thing in the world is being in my husband's arms
82.there is nothing more comforting to me - regardless of the situation
83.I am short enough that he can rest his chin on my head when he holds me
84.I am more of a morning person than a night owl
85.however, I have trouble getting myself to go to bed early
86.I love to take naps
87.I can sleep anywhere
88.unless it is the middle of the night and an Abby cat is meowing constantly
89.I can stress about anything
90.however, I like instant gratification
91.I am very close to my mom
92.I wish I was closer to my brother - I am working on this one
93.I want to live in other parts of the country
94.but not yet, my family needs me here
95.I want to be a better person (daughter, wife, friend, sister)
96.I do not have many good friends
97.But the ones I have mean the world to me
98.My friends now would never betray me - as I have experienced in the past
99.I believe in fate and in soul mates
100.I do not hold grudges, rather I try to focus on forgiveness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

101. You are a loving caring daughter who tries to always be there for her mother.

Missy said...

Thank you mama. You always post the nicest comments. I try to to be there for you. I try to be a good daughter.