Thursday, February 24, 2005

Lost Love and Those Around

Today marks a very special day. We start our child birth class tonight. For the next four weeks we will be in class from 6:30-9:00. I can’t believe we are at this point. My Mom bought me a new shirt (pink of course) that I am wearing today. It makes me look very pregnant – so Sweetie is happy. Since the classes start so close to when we get off work, I drove Sweetie into work today. I will leave a little early and we are going to have dinner before heading to the hospital with our two pillows and a blanket.

On sad news, I found out that MotoDiva is leaving her husband. I do not know the details, nor would I post them here. It makes me sad. However, it makes me appreciate what I have with my Sweetie. We have proven that we can make it through anything while gaining strength and confidence. So, it is hard for me to see a couple close to us not make it. I want to hug my Sweetie right now. He found out before I did and sent me an IM thanking me for being with him. He is such a wonderful man.

I do not usually share private conversations – but this is what I received from my Sweetie during lunch today on instant messenger:

Me: sometimes Chick-fil-A is good, but not great - this time it is GREAT
Sweetie: that's awesome, mouse
Me: makes me smile
Sweetie: my sammich is very tasty today, too... i wonder if our lunches taste better than normal today because of "us" being "us" still and as strong as we are.
Me: you are going to make me cry
Sweetie: I love you so much
Sweetie: everything seems so much richer to me right now... more valuable...
Sweetie: you -are- the single most important thing in my life, Missy. I need you.
Me: I love you

On good news, we think we decided on a name. This is HUGE. This is a person’s life that we are forming. So far, pending any pregnancy last minute thoughts, we are going with the VERY unique name. Well, it isn’t a name. But we love it and are making it a name. So when you find out keep in mind that it is unique and please let it grow on you before you react. We thought long and hard about this one. This is the name we chose. The name that is perfect for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you and Terry for the life that you have created. You and Terry have gone through so much and your marriage is stronger for it. You have matured to wonderful adults and I am proud of both of you. This is such a lucky baby to be coming into your family. I am thrilled to be able to be a part of it. I love all three of you.