Sunday, February 06, 2005

ESP, Carnaval, and ICU

Unfortunately, since Friday, my life has not been very wonderful. Friday morning I woke up feeling not very well. I know that my body has been fighting a cold for a couple of weeks. I thought about taking an early afternoon.

Once again, my E.S.P. set in. On Thursday, after a 3 hour meeting without food or water, I felt exhausted. I told my Sweetie that I felt as though I would pass out. Knowing I had plans with my Divas that night - he replied instantly that he would pick me up from work and take me to DarkDiva’s b-day gathering. He is always my knight in shining armor without a moment’s hesitation. The evening was very lovely. We gave her a nice pen to use during her classes is pursuit of becoming a doctor.

This leads us into Friday morning. My Sweetie had to take me into work - since we left mine the day before. Due to a shortage in the gas take, the time between our offices took longer than normal. While at work, I suddenly got a fear that he was trying to get a hold of me. I pull out my cell phone – dead. This did not make me feel well. I continue to work assuming that I am overreacting. When I see my Sweetie on im, I am very relieved.

However, it was not my Sweetie that I was receiving. A few minutes later, I receive a call from an outside-unrecognized line. It is my SIL – Brother’s wife (I realize now that I write SIL for both of my SILs – I have two). She tells me that my brother went to the sleep study the night before and that now they were admitting him to the ICU. By the end of the call, she was crying – and very frantic. I told her that I would meet her at the hospital. I e-mail a couple of people and let my boss know the situation – a situation that I was unsure.

I spent the day with my mother at the hospital. The bottom line is that his Carbon Dioxide is too high – this is causing many problems, one is an enlarged heart. I did get a chance to speak with him Friday afternoon – he was sleeping during the morning and mid-afternoon. He was doing well – although still very sick. We left during a shift change for dinner. By the time we returned, he was on a ventilator due to not waking easy enough after falling asleep. From this point, he has been sedated.

My Sweetie and I did not visit the hospital yesterday. However, my mother was there for most of the day. We had plans to baby-sit for Dark Diva while she went to Carnaval. I took it easy during the day – knowing my mom would call if she needed me. I have to make sure that I do not let everything stress me too much. The evening was wonderful with the girls. DarkDiva painted MotoDiva with red and yellow - sans bra. She was beautiful. Along with a red feather headpiece and you have a carnaval outfit. Dark Diva was gorgeous with an Indian type outfit. Neither could walk on normal streets with their outfits – which made them even more irrestible. I cannot wait until next year – I will be there. From what it sounds, I will be painted. The girls were wonderful – a welcomed distraction.

Today, after everyone returned home from the hotel – my Sweetie and I headed back to the hospital. The good news is that brother’s swelling is down (have to assume it is a good sign) – although he is still sedated.

Now I am trying to make sure that everything for this next week is complete as well as relaxing. I will be back at the hospital tomorrow after work. I will not go into the history, but my brother has had a pretty crappy hand dealt to him health wise.

So everyone, please keep him in your thoughts. He will be 36 this month – much too young to go through any of this.

No comments: