Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Simple Pleasures

After an interesting day – and not in the best of ways – with work, I found great comfort in my evening plans.

As I have mentioned before, sometimes the simplest of dates are the best. For Christmas, my Sweetie gave me a cookbook for Newlyweds. While we are no longer newlyweds, the cookbook is wonderful with traditions and elegant meals. His intent was that our family is starting and he wants dinnertime to be very special.

We have a goal of cooking a meal from complete scratch once a week – this being easier said than done when a pregnant wife does not know what she will want to eat. Of course, this goal also came about this weekend. We shall see how long it continues. While we made out the grocery list over the weekend, we were determined to find something to cook together.

My Sweetie and I arrived home at about the same time. This is very nice. We both started working on the meal. There is something so wonderful about cooking together. It was a nice change of pace for me since recently

I do not help prepare the meal. I am a princess – leave me be.

Seriously, my Sweetie takes great pride in taking care of me.

Cooking together last night was wonderful. We each took care of a needed item without anything feeling like a chore. The results? In less than 30 minutes we made a wonderful meal from scratch. We had pork stir-fry over rice with peanuts. It was so good; because of not only the delicious recipe, but also the way we made the food. This will become a part of our regular routine.

I have to interrupt my post. My Sweetie just called me at work to make me listen to a very silly song. This is something I love about this man. He is so silly. Moreover, a large part of this silliness is how we can be silly together. He can be himself – even when being himself means laughing at lama songs.

After dinner we headed out into the 30 something degree weather for ice cream. Doesn’t everyone think of eating ice cream in cold weather? We settled on Mocha Almond Fudge along with Magic shell, caramel, and chopped nuts. That was so much fun.

I love wonderful dates that involve staying home.

No comments: