Thursday, February 10, 2005

Pregnancy and Valentine's Day

I was able to work a half day today. That is an improvement. Good news is that my brother is no longer sedated. As of last night, he was conscious when my mother visited. Although he could not speak because of being ventilated, this is a big improvement. Of course, I will keep everyone updated.

One thing I must say is that my Sweetie takes the best care of me. He truly loves me and that is obvious. I am feeling sick and have a big belly, yet he is still interested in me in that oh so nice way ;-)

I have been thinking of how my life is different now that I am “with child”.
~Weight down 4 pounds.
~No longer take Excedrin on a daily basis
~No more in-grown toe-nails – I know TMI
~Increased self-esteem
~Bigger Boobies ☺
~Pregnancy Glow
~Treated like a princess on a daily basis now
~No longer have to suck in my belly – I couldn’t even if I tried – and people like looking at my belly now
~An improved outlook on life
~Falling in love with my Sweetie all over again

I love this. I love being pregnant, I love being a princess. As I write this, my Sweetie is cooking dinner while singing cute songs to me. Not saying that I do this, but this is a good sign that we are soul-mates.

Monday is the eighth anniversary of my Sweetie proposing to me. As he does most things, this was very grand and romantic. No other Valentine’s Day will ever live up to the night he described to 200 strangers how, since he had me, he no longer needed any of his senses. He called me up on stage and lowered to one knee. Needless to say, I said yes. He even had my parents and my god-mother in the balcony watching everything. It was the most romantic and wonderful way to begin the next step in our life.

Life is good.

No comments: