Saturday, February 26, 2005

Pregnancy is Strange

OK so today I decided that I wanted to measure myself. In the past, with working to lose weight, I measured myself regularly. This time was very different. I did not walk in hoping to go down another size, or with any other expectations. I simply wanted to see how my body has changed with my 25 weeks of pregnancy.

While my weight remains lower than pre-pregnancy, hey a pound is a pound; I figured my body would be very different. This week the baby has changed my diaphragm drastically causing the smallest of tasks to cause me to be out of breath. This is great for the ego ☹ Luckily, we discussed this in our child birthing class and I no longer feel as a freak.

This morning I ventured into the bathroom with the latest measurements in hand – could not find the set right before we got pregnant, so I settled for one a month before as it should be close enough. This time I was not nervous about the whole ordeal, simply curious.

At 25 weeks, the only difference is my belly. I assumed that I would gain on my thighs and hips, as much a part of pregnancy as the belly. However, not me, I am the same as I was in August. My waist is four inches larger – really, I thought it would be more. She has grown rapidly this past week. Since I always measured my chest under the breast, I know TMI, and it is the same as well.

On my pregnancy board, there are women who are like me with no gain and those who have already hit 25 pounds gained. Each pregnant woman is different, as each pregnancy. Since I started with more padding than needed, I worried about how any additional weight would affect baby or me. However, pregnancy is not the time to diet or add additional exercise. My savior has been my lack of appetite. My biggest issue, is not sweets surprisingly, it is salty like fries and chips. Overall, I watch what I eat, but do not limit or deprive myself of any indulgences. It will be interesting to see how the next 15 weeks go with body changes.

DarkDiva says the best tool for weight loss is being madly in love. I think this is very true and why my weight has not gone crazy.

No comments: