Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Melted Heart

Valentine’s day. Overall, it was a good day. My brother went home from the hospital – VERY good news.

Yesterday started with more simple pleasures. As I have described before, iTrip can be a wonderful invention. My Sweetie pulled next to me during our drive into work while noticeably singing aloud. I turn on the radio to hear what he is listening to – and it was one of our songs. As our cars began to part ways I looked over and saw him signing “I love you always”. I signed it back and had a large smile on my face all the way to work. It made me so happy.

Work was not good. Not at all. I even worked late. An 11 hour day sucks on Valentine’s day. Good thing I left when I did. My Sweetie was about to drive to my work and take me home. I arrived home to a homemade card, the best kind and a large melted chocolate heart. The theme was that his heart melts for me. It was wonderful.

For dinner we had exactly what I was craving – chili cheese dogs. It was so good. We sat together and watched T.V. It was perfect. While it will never top the Valentine’s of 1997, it was exactly what I needed.

No comments: