Saturday, February 19, 2005

Chemical Days

Today is rainy and yucky.

I am currently at Best Friend’s house. Everyone else (Best Friend’s Husband, Best Friend’s Oldest Friend, and my Sweetie) is busy playing FFXI. Luckily, I have my computer with me. Days like this are good. I love hanging out with these people. They really are wonderful for me.

Yesterday, I was able to leave work at 12:30. This was a wonderful treat after all the long hours of late. I planned to take a long bubble bath and pamper myself. However, since I am still not feeling wonderful, I ended up sleeping for 3 hours. Apparently, I needed it.

Yesterday afternoon and this morning have been hard chemical days. These are hard on my Sweetie. He feels powerless. While this was nothing like any bad days in the past, or even a few months ago, he reacts the same way. He tries anything to make me happy. While I do not like using chemicals even when I am not pregnant, bad days feel harder in some respects now. Perhaps it is because I have not kept up with my walking. Or because I really haven’t taken long bubble baths as I used to – for fear of being too hot. The good news is that I got a thermometer – so I will know for sure.

My Sweetie knows that being around others helps. Even if I swear that I want to live in my closet for a weekend, he will not allow it. Moreover, every time, yes 100%, I end up thanking him for making me get out of the house. While I did not try to stay home today – we are celebrating Best Friend’s Oldest Friend’s B-day. I did start feeling better after getting out and about.

The even nicer part is that Best Friend understands that I am pregnant and tire easily. Because of this, she set her bed up with fresh sheets for me as soon as I feel the need to begin checking for eye leaks.

There will most likely be more than one post tonight. I am in a blogging mood.

No comments: