Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Pretty in Pink

Today’s appointment proved what we were hoping for – Indeed Baby is a GIRL. We are so happy. The drink did not taste as bad as I was afraid. However, it really affected me. I got jittery and could not think very straight. Nothing serious – but I did check the wrong doctor’s name when we arrived. Apparently, pregnancy brain is very common because the receptionist simply confirmed who my correct doctor is.

Overall, the appointment was fast. Other than waiting to give my blood (has to be one hour after finishing the drink), we were in and out. Urine test looks good. Weight is great – still down one pound from pre-pregnancy weight. Blood pressure is good. Baby’s heartbeat is strong. And get this – she has long legs. How is this possible? I am starting to think it will not be long before she is taller than I am. One nice thing about appointment day is that my Sweetie brings me to work – this means he has to pick me up.

I have to work on some schoolwork tonight, research for my big project. This is for my group project. Luckily, we split up the work needed for a Monday deadline. This semester has not been bad – although I have always taken more than one course – so that might be part of it. Five and a half years of more than one – sometimes 5 classes, while working full time, starts to seem normal.

I am just so happy that she let us see her parts – lol.

Now we feel motivated to work on her bedroom.

This is such an amazing journey. I knew it would change me (emotionally, physically, spiritually) but I had no idea the impact on my marriage. I knew my Sweetie would be interested and informed about the pregnancy, I had no idea that he would be so engaged in the process. He even refers to it as “our” pregnancy.

I think I am going to kidnap my Sweetie for a big date this weekend. OK so it will not be that big of a surprise since he reads my blog. Since the nausea left, we have not really had a great date night. I am aching to have a romantic evening with him. I have a cute black dress that wants to go out on the town. All I need is maternity hose – what fun. It is amazing how the same weight can be such a different shape. I cannot see my feet when I am standing straight – lol.

I read some other blogs of pregnant women and they post their bellies. I will consider doing this. Of course, it will have to be a great picture.

No comments: