Monday, March 06, 2006

I'd like to buy a vowel..

The solution to the puzzle is an endocrinologist. Sounds scary huh?

I called my Dr for my results - the NP says "you need to see an endocrinologist". That is not good. I know why - my lopsided butterfly - did you know your thyroid is shaped like a butterfly?

So I call the referred Dr. They cannot get me in until the 30th, but will let me know if they have a cancellation. They did not have my paperwork at the time of making the appointment as my Dr needed to fax it over.

Two hours later I get a call - "Missy you are not going to believe it, we had a cancellation first thing tomorrow morning at 8:45, with an 8:15 arrival."

OK you are right, I don't believe it. She then says "Is your Dr faxing your information..oh yes, here it is".

OK I am not paranoid. I even spoke with a co-worker who is a Dr's daughter. They received my fax, saw my situation, and wanted me sooner than the 30th. I do not buy into the situation that I, who scheduled my appointment a mere 2 hours earlier for weeks away, was the lucky patient drawn to get the newly open appointment time.

Now with that in mind, I am not freaking out. I think that all I need is medicine. I am simply relieved that I can get in soon. If it was really bad I would have been told to go directly to the hospital.

So tomorrow is a Dr day for the Missy's World household. We have me in the morning, Sweetie at lunch (first check up since 1997), and Bug in the afternoon for her 9 month appointment. Sweetie and I are both taking the day off, for support and enjoying some time together.

Then Wednesday I have my first breakfast meeting. I was a little worried when I heard it is at Cracker Barrel. But then Sweetie reminded me that it IS breakfast - pancakes and all. I pulled up the menu and am looking forward to my meatless breakfast meeting with another Chapter's office manager.

Now I need to sleep, my appointment means getting up and going at normal time.

I will keep everyone updated.

No comments: