Saturday, March 18, 2006

Our productive day

It is almost 8, and I can already declare today productive. After a good 2.5 hour nap this morning, we headed to lunch. I ate some fish as Sweetie and Mom are concerned about my protein. So I am adding fish into my lent. Bug ate so much new potatoes - about 1/4 of one. I am so proud of her. That and her bread and she was set.

We then headed to the HUGE and EXPENSIVE gym. MotoDiva said we had to go there before signing up with the Y. It is like a resort. I could literally live there. They have everything. And while some things are extra, what is included is pretty cool. Bug loved it. As we toured, I had Bug in the front carrier. She slept through about half of it - however, she made sure to stay awake for the children's area and pool.

We ended up joining. We have a 30 day money back guarantee. That is very good. It gives us enough time to see if we will be able to utilize the facility on a regular basis. We are most looking forward to the spin classes, pool, and the fact that it is 24 hours. There is a bootcamp that Sweetie is looking into. It is more expensive than the last one he did, but much more intensive and five days a week. There is also a Team Weight Loss program. It is also a 12 week program. The neat thing is that you get a refund if you meet your goals. That is nice. The woman we spoke with said that I might not be able to participate due to the minimum that you need to lose is 20 pounds. However, I am extremely out of shape and a regular routine might help. We shall see.

My goal is to make it to the 5:30am spin class. We shall see. I hope so.

Being at the gym really motivated us. We want to be healthy for our little Bug. So the next step was to equip ourselves for the gym. We bought Bug a swimsuit - so cute but we need to get the next size up as she will outgrow this one before the summer is up. We also got her a pool robe. I love it. I will have to post a photo.

Sweetie and I also found swimsuits, workout outfits, and socks. Joining a gym is expensive. I really like my suit. It has been a long time since I wore a swimsuit. This one will be good for doing laps. It is not skimpy, it is an athletic suit. Sweetie said I look great. It makes me want to work on my thighs.

We had a bad scare. We were at Target. I tried on my Swimsuit. Then we went to this sport store to find Sweetie's suit, and to see if we could find mine cheaper. We went back to Target and I noticed that one of my pearl earrings was missing. I freaked out completely. I ran to the dressing room, hoping it came off while I was trying on the swimsuit. An hour had passed while we were at the other store and I worried it was too late. But I found it. Such relief. Sweetie said I looked like I saw a cat die. Well, Sweetie gave them to me and they are extremely special to me.

The gym likes to do an assessment when you start, to show a starting point. They assign you a "fitness age". They base this on flexibility, strength, cardio ability, and body composition. I get to do this fun filled hour Monday morning at 6am. YAY. Sweetie's is on Tuesday. I have to go first. I am soooo not looking forward to this. But I do know that it is important. The good thing is that I can get this done every 8 weeks so that I can see how great I am doing.

Due to joining this gym, I am not going back to WW meetings - I was considering it. I am going to try to use the gym as much as I can for my results. I will use my assessments as my accountability factor.

Tomorrow finishes my first week of my meds. So far so good. I think it is helping. I am staying positive. This is going to work. I will go into remission.

Overall, today felt so productive. I cannot wait until tomorrow when Sweetie and I go to the gym for our first workout.

No comments: