Friday, March 17, 2006

let's chat

Last night, Sweetie was sweet enough to send me off to a girl's night out hosted by HowieMaui. MotoDiva and Anna joined us. We had a blast. And while I came home much too late for a great night's sleep, it was well worth it. I hope they can all make it to the next Diva Slumber Party.

Today started with me discovering that I locked my keys in my office yesterday. My boss is the only one with a key - due to confidential information. She was an hour late. This sucked. I could only do a portion of my job while I waited. Luckily, I was able to log into the computer at the reception area and check messages and such.

Those that were in the office, less one person, Sweetie, and I all went to lunch together. It was very nice. And he got to meet some of the people I work with. Plus, I got to go home early. That was wonderful. Of course, I spent the extra time at Bug's school.

Then tonight we had our normal family gathering. Brother hosted. It was awesome. The food was great - snacks. And I did have one bite of meat. My lent has changed as Sweetie is worried about me getting enough protein.

The best part was when Bug and Brother/SIL's dog "played". She is a beautiful boxer and LOVES Bug. Not to mention, Bug is crazy about her. There was a lot of licks and nuzzles. Then, at about 10:30, I passed out with Bug. I could not keep my eyes awake.
Since getting home I have a slight second wind. However, I am already in bed and am looking forward to "sleeping in".

I will speak to the company on Monday about the potential senior accountant position. Mom thinks I am going to get this other job and move on. I am not sure if this is a hope or a fear. However, I received my business cards today. I looked at these cards with my name and title and I felt wonderful. I have not had business cards since 1999. I will listen to this other company - you never know where fate will take you. However, I think I am where I am supposed to be. For now...

No comments: