Thursday, March 16, 2006

Strange strange world

So I just got an e-mail from a company, not a head hunter, wanting to talk to me about a senior accountant position.

BLAH

I am going to see what they have to say, but now I have to come up with a magic number that would get me to leave my job.

Need to beat:
35 hour workweek
15 vacation days
12 sick days
5 mental health days
3 personal days
2 floating holidays
1 great cause

I know they can beat:
The pay.

If I got what I made before, it would be a 50% raise. That could mean getting out of debt faster and allowing me to stay at home when we have our second baby.

But life is not about money.

I hate this. I really like this job. I don't like the pay. But I do like the job. It is not quite as stimulating as I was hoping but maybe that can improve.

And how would I say, I love you guys and thanks for the last 2 months, but I gotta jet?

And then there is my disease. Could I beat it while being in that environment again?

I know I am talking too soon. Nothing is even set into motion. I will talk to the lady - who has the SAME name as my current boss. The resume they found has me at my last job. They might now want me now.

I might not want them.

Commute is less - like .2 miles or something silly like that.

I have a friend who is actively wanting to leave her job. She cannot get a call back. But me, I get a call back when it is enough to cause stress - lol.

I will keep everyone updated.

It is a strange thing to work outside your industry. If you like your industry, you cannot help but think back to those days.

No matter how long I am an office manager, I will always be an accountant.

No comments: