Thursday, March 02, 2006

LIES ALL LIES

My whole world changed yesterday. It started with a discussion yesterday with a co-worker. This made me think. I needed to get to the bottom of things, I needed the truth, I needed confirmation.

I cannot tolerate lies.

Last night we did not go to church due to me having a migraine. Instead we went to dinner. The dinner was a nice distraction, but my mind kept going to the issue.

When we got home, and settled, we began the important discussion. We went back and forth, looking at the facts, trying to keep emotions aside. But how could I? My whole world was changing. I kept my disbelief. I held on to the fairy tale.

How can I accept something that I have known for almost a decade and a half to be a lie?

Sweetie was honest with me, I appreciate that. He knew that while it hurt to be told the truth, in the long run it was better for me, better for us.

I am posting this to make it real.

I am posting this so my friends and family are aware of the situation and can help during this difficult time.

As of last night the definition of myself changed. Before, I defined myself as a 29 year old woman, a long distance walker, 5’0”, happily married, and a mother to one.

This is no longer true. This is now a lie. A lie that I can no longer take. The definition of myself will never be the same again. Life will never be the same again.

I am still a 29 year old woman.

I am still a long distance walker.

I am still mother to the cutest Bug around.

And I am still happily married.

However, I am not 5’0”.

We measured, re-measured, changed rooms, changed walls. Finally we settled for the answer with the pantry door. Sweetie even used a level.

I am 4’11 ¾”.

I am under 5’0”

So the real question is, did I shrink or was I always wrong about my height? My grandmother shrunk a lot due to osteoporosis. However, I am UNDER 30. I should not be shrinking. I wore pants yesterday that I had not worn since 2001/2002. They did not fit longer than back then.

Regardless, I think I will up my calcium intact, just on the safe side.

My name is Missy and I am under 5’0”.

Of course my Sweetie LOVES it. He loves me being short, it was the first thing that caught his eye. He said he loves me more now that I am shorter, silly guy.

Today I go in and get radioactive. I will keep everyone updated.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The Incredible Shrinking Woman...coming to a theatre near you.

Sorry.

I'm a wee bit jealous about the 29 thing...sigh...lucky woman...

terry said...

Your shortness only enhances your cuteness.

Like my own little Tinkerbell!

-t

Grammy G said...

I'm so sorry about your height problem. I personally know that I am 5'0" tall. I have always been 5'0" tall. I WILL always be 5'0" tall. There is no need for me to measure. I refuse to measure as it is a waste of time. I always knew I was taller than you and now I know it is a fact. That is the end of the discussion. There is nothing more to say.

The 5'0"
Grammy G

Missy said...

To be fair, I turn 30 in a mere 8 months - oh my.

Incredibly shrinking woman, I love it!!!

Crista said...

LOL...sorry, but you really had me worried for a while there.

Hey, I turn 30 in 9 months, so I'm with ya.

Crista said...

Oh, and I loved your mom's comment. Too funny Grammy G, and I like that attitude! :)

the greatest said...

You've lost weight from the bottom of your feet too, duh!

Also, walkers' and runners' feet flatten.

Maybe the world is stretching but you're resisting it with your superior brain.