Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Day one - no meat

So far so good. Of course, I normally do not eat meat with breakfast, so that was not different. And for lunch I packed Sweetie and me Amy's Burritos. SOOO good. I last had Amy's around 1999 - and was not very impressed. This was very tasty. So very tastey. I also had Lays Potato chips and 2 oreo cookies.

But my concern was Sweetie. He is a great guy and will eat ANYTHING I put in from of him as long as it does not have avocado. But one of his favorite dishes of mine is "Missy mess". This is ground turkey, black beans, diced tomatoes, corn, and rice. Thus, I was a little surprised when he came up with the meatless lent. I was not completely shocked. We have a couple of Vegetarian friends and have always wondered about what it would be like to adapt that kind of lifestyle. Of course, our love for burgers and steaks kept us from attempting it. I like this way. There is a time limit, I can see the end, and if we decide to go back to eating meat, we will still be "successful" because we completed lent.

OK back to the point, lol. I ate lunch before Sweetie and I told him how good the burrito was. A couple of hours later I receive this in an e-mail,
I am going to get fat on this Lent.
That burrito was ridiculously tasty and I want more. I would end up eating twice my weight in those if they were available...


I guess he liked it.

Tonight is church - Ash Wednesday and all.

Tomorrow we are having Cheese pizza - yummy. Last night we bought "Rent" and "Lady and the Tramp". A movie night sounds fantastic.

OK bak to work.

2 comments:

Crista said...

Yum, sounds good. I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian for 10 years. There's lots of good stuff to eat, but it's true that it's really easy to gain weight, especially with carbs and all. You just have to make sure to get the protein that you need, but I know you can do it! :) Enjoy movie night. That sounds fabulous.

Unknown said...

I was going to say...give up meat? Then I'd have to eat a ton more Oreos, chips, etc....all the bad things.

You are a strong, strong woman.