Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Taco Cabana

Does anyone remember the old Taco Cabana commercials? I loved they way the jalapeno said it, Taaaaaco Ca-bana.

I am eating their shrimp tacos and they are so good.

We took Bug to the ENT yesterday. They were very nice. Sure enough she needs tubes in her ears. YUCK. We go in on Monday. Double YUCK. Sweetie and I are both taking the day off. Anyone else who wants to join, feel free.

OMG THAT WAS SOOO HOT. THE JALAPENO IN THE PICO WAS SOOO HOT. NOSE RUNNING, EYES WATERING (yes I had to yell it). And sweetie just laughs at me.

And this morning I got assessed. I knew it would be bad.

I have a fitness age of 38. 8-O

I am taking it as motivation. What bothered me about everything was that, due to my disease, I need extra work to get healthy. OK I know how important exercise is in order to overcome this disease. He wants me to do this Team Weight Loss thing. It is 12 weeks. They meet three times a week for nutrition tips and exercise. It sounds great. But it costs $650 (on top of the monthly membership dues. The good part is that you can get $150 back if you meet your goals. And if that was not expensive enough he is really "encouraging" me to get a personal trainer twice a week - this comes to a nice $140 a week. So he wants me to spend an additional $180 a week to get healthy.

Now I would strike it up to the "sales pitch" by all trainers. But Sweetie went yesterday (according to the gym, he is younger than I am) and they did not try to get him to do all of this.

So this Team does Cardio three times a week. He wants me to do weights/strength on Tuesday and Thursdays. So I am going to do cardio (perhaps spin) and weights - on my own.

Then if I do not have some good results in 8 weeks, I will change my plan (ignore the melted cheese that I am eating). I can always do the class next go round.

Plus I get to pay for tubes instead.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alright, at least you were brave enough to be "assessed." I am so vastly out of shape...I run, but only when it's warm...that means it's been since like October...